Thursday, January 16, 2014

Crockpot Mexican Chicken

Hey Y'all!!! So here is a quick and healthy recipe. All you have to do is basically throw you chicken in the crockpot! It's that EASY!
 Here is what you need:
Crockpot
Chicken Breast
Organic Salsa (I use my Mom's homemade Salsa)
Greek Yogurt
Taco Seasoning
Wheat Wrap
Spinach

First thing you need to do is trim your chicken breast of fat. I use 3-4 chicken breast. Then You take the Taco Seasoning and rub it all over the chicken. 
Next you take the salsa and pour it on top of the chicken. 
Put the lid on, turn your crockpot on low, and Walk away! Usually takes around 8 hours. After the 8 hours, take the chicken out and put it on a plate to shred it. 
 Take some greek yogurt and Salsa and mix in a bowl. The greek yogurt acts as a substitute for sour cream.(Jamie Speiser's recipe for the sauce)
Spread the sauce on our Wrap, put your shredded chicken on, and top with some spinach. 
And Wa-Lah you have dinner:)
I hope you like and let me know what you think! Thanks and ENJOY!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment