Tone those Jiggly Arms
I have gotten a few questions on how to tone those JIGGLY arms. As I said before, its hard to tone a muscle when there is hardly one to begin with. In other words, you can't go do 50 reps of bicep curls and expect to have these fabulous arms. Even toning muscles requires effort. Those last few reps should be a struggle, no matter if you are doing 8 reps or 20 reps. It shouldn't be easy! I am not saying to go out and try to curl 25 pound dumb bells. I am saying to pick a weight that you don't feel as comfortable with. If 10 lb. dumbbells are too easy then go up to 12.5's and if you are still not feeling the burn towards the end of your set, go up to the 15's. Most women think you are going to look like a man if you lift heavy. Wrong! I lift heavy, I am very toned, and I do not look like a man. My suggestion is to start with an arm circuit 2 days a week and really push yourself. Also, remember that muscles grow at rest and to aid in that growth requires lean protein. After a workout, your muscles need to be fed protein and your glycogen stores replenished. Meaning that you can have a protein shake and a complex carb, like a banana or sweet potatoes, after a workout. It needs to be consumed within 30 minutes of you completing the workout. If you go to the gym, then you have everything you can imagine to get your arm workout in! If you don't belong to a gym or if you are a stay at home mom, then all you need are dumbbells. Here is an example of an Arm Circuit Workout:
4 sets of 15: 1 minute rest
Alternating Bicep Curls https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YOwC3l9Xwc
Superset
Tricep kickbacks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO81bExngMI
Hammer Curls https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdWCF9-ZAJI
Superset
Overhead Tricep Extension https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRiJVZDpdL0
Shoulder Press https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-aVuyhvLHU
Superset
One arm db row (hit each side) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpI-Q3VQrEA
Lateral Raises https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDqklk1ZESo
Superset
Pushups
Chest flys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5EMDU6d9fY
Superset
Wide Row https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hQDk3Cjs6w
This are all simple movements and a great way to get started on toning those JIGGLY arms. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment