Sunday, February 9, 2014

Mixed Berry Oatmeal Muffins

Hey y'all! Sorry I have been MIA. With contest prep, the hubby traveling, and finishing the basement, my life has been a little busy:) Today I made mixed berry oatmeal muffins. They are perfect for on the go breakfast for you or for the kids. 
Here are the Ingredients:
2 c. Oatmeal
Fresh mixed berries
1 c. Egg whites
1 tsp. Baking powder
1 c. Almond Milk
1 tsp.Vanilla
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Nutmeg
Coconut Spray
2 Tbsp. Stevia
Just a dash of Salt
Muffin pan
Muffin wrappers

 Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Might need to add just a little bit more almond milk, depends on what type of oats you use. Old fashioned oats tend to soak up liquid a tad more. Use as many berries to your liking.
Next line the muffin pan with the muffin wrappers. Spray the muffin wrappers real good with the coconut spray.
Fill each muffin wrapper 3/4 of the way. At the last minute, I decided to add some smashed pecans to sprinkle on top to give some extra crunch.

Bake the oatmeal muffins at 350 degrees for 30 minutes and until golden brown.
Let them cool before you try one or else the wrapper will take most of the muffin if they are still hot. I hope you enjoy them!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment